Lil' Dragons (Ages 3 & 4)
The martial arts industry combats childhood obesity with “Lil’ Dragon” program. Over eight hundred martial arts schools across America are catching kids early and teaching children ages three and four how to respect their bodies as well as their parents and teachers. They learn to kick out calories while learning important life skills such as stranger awareness, anti-drugs, health, nutrition, and exercise. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, “one in three children is overweight.” The Lil’ Dragon program addresses this issue head-on, (and stomach) by providing children a whole life approach to making choices that effect both their mental and physical health. The best part is no one sits on the bench. Everyone is included. Lil’ Dragons’ catches all kids early and helps them develop terrific life skills that will make them not only a better citizen but a healthier one as well. The 8 Lil’ Dragon skill requirements are composed of physical and mental benefits. The following are the skills with the benefits from participating in the Lil’ Dragon class:
* Skill #1: FOCUS – Focus plays a key role in the mindset of children, who have limited attention spans. The Lil’ Dragons class will teach your child to focus on the task at hand. This skill will help your child’s aim, listening skills and reaction skills. As a result, he/she will excel faster in any physical activity. Your child will also become a better listener and a more focused student in school.
* Skill #2: TEAMWORK – Teamwork skills are necessary for any young child to develop. The Lil’ Dragons are exposed to positive interaction with other children in class. By having an organized game plan and instructor supervision, Lil’ Dragons will learn together and have fun in the process. The more confidence your child shows towards working with others, the more they will get accomplished in life. Your child will develop character and good social skills, which will help him to make new friends and become a leader.
* Skill #3: CONTROL – Control will help children respond and perform correctly. They will strive to be cool, which means not losing their temper and not being too rough. The Lil’ Dragons program will help your child develop control of what they say, how they feel, and what they do physically. Children also learn at an early stage not to give up. Having control means making good decisions. Whether your child is handling a pet or handling a problem, he or she will learn to make the right decisions. Control will build confidence in your child.
* Skill #4: BALANCE – Balance is a crucial skill to develop at an early age. Your child is beginning to participate in many physical activities that are challenging, like riding a two-wheel bicycle. Having good balance will increase speed and agility, as well as lead to better posture.
* Skill #5: MEMORY – Developing a good memory is exercise for your child’s brain. As your child develops memory, he/she will retain techniques and lessons. The sooner your child exercises, the smarter he or she will become. Our drills are constantly helping your child think and make smart decisions.
* Skill #6: DISCIPLINE – Discipline is what martial arts are based upon. Children must learn self-control of their body and mind. Once they learn to have good discipline, they will become better students who are focused on their goals. Our instructors use the Lil’ Dragon drills to create the vision that discipline is fun and rewarding. Your child will take pride in doing the right thing. Your child will also follow directions better.
* Skill #7: FITNESS – Being physically fit is a necessity for any martial artist. The sooner you enforce this concept, the healthier your child will be. Fitness can be very fun and rewarding. If your child develops a passion for exercise early in life, it will be less difficult to stay physically fit as they grow older. It is important for children to understand the importance of being healthy and physically fit. If your child does not burn off excess energy exercising, how will he or she burn off all that energy?
* Skill #8: COORDINATION – Coordination is one of the best benefits of training in the martial arts. This skill is important for children to have if they want to participate in sports. All sorts of talents nurture off this skill. Your child will learn their left from their right. They will become better physical participants in sports and activities. The better coordination your child has, the fewer injuries your child will sustain.
In our Lil’ Dragons classes, we make learning fun and educational. Our goal is to help your preschooler be the best they can be at everything they put their minds to.